BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – SUSTAINABLE TRANSITION
The newly created WEL-T department within our institute will encompass research programmes in engineering sciences, chemistry and physics with a view to developing breakthrough innovations into industrial applications aimed at sustainable transition. The first WEL-T programmes are currently being selected through an ongoing call and will start on October 1st, 2023.
The WEL Research Institute is seeking an entrepreneurial and dynamic Business Development Manager – Sustainable Transition, passionate about translating scientific discoveries into successful innovations to create value for our society based on results that will be generated by the WEL-T fundamental research programmes.
The successful candidate will partner with the WEL-T Investigators and the university TTOs to develop and implement valorisation strategies for results emerging from WEL-T research programmes. The Business Development Manager will also manage the WEL-T Bridge funding process intended to mature early-stage intellectual property to reach the next technology transfer step. This impactful and highly visible role reports to the Managing Director and is based at the WEL Research institute’s headquarters at Wavre.
- Partner with the university TTOs and the WEL-T Investigators to proactively develop and implement valorisation strategies for results emerging from WEL-T research programmes;
- Obtain endorsement from the WEL Research institute’s internal committees prior to implementation of proposed valorisation strategies;
- Identify, initiate and consolidate strategic partnerships with relevant players in the Walloon region and beyond, including industries and competitivity clusters;
- Drive the WEL-T Bridge funding process to mature early-stage intellectual property generated by WEL-T Investigators, including determining the right fit within an overall valorisation strategy;
- Develop a network of experts for input in the valorisation strategies and evaluation of the Bridge Fund applications.
- Master’s in engineering sciences, or chemistry, or physics or equivalent;
- At least 8 years of experience in a business development role, or equivalent industrially-oriented work experience, in the field of sustainable technologies.
- Highly effective at leading and influencing through a network of key stakeholders;
- Speaks both ‘academia and industry’ languages;
- Strong business acumen, proactivity, solution-oriented, self-awareness ;
- Strategic agility combined to excellent project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in French and English, and ability to engage a diverse set of audiences;
- Flexibility and high tolerance to ambiguity;
- Knowledge of the sustainable transition landscape in the Walloon region is a plus.
- Impactful and highly visible role;
- Full-time permanent contract with a salary package commensurate with your experience;
- Expected start: September 2023.
How to apply:
Applications (curriculum vitae + motivation letter) should be sent by email to Vinciane Gaussin, Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org