Launch of the 2021 WELBIO Investigator Programme call!
The FRFS-WELBIO announces the opening of a new call in the field of life sciences and biotechnologies.
Through the FRFS-WELBIO, Wallonia grants significant resources over several years to WELBIO Investigators to enable them in developing ambitious research programmes and thus, achieve new scientific breakthroughs. These programmes constitute a pillar of the WELBIO Investigators' laboratory and are flexible, allowing adaptation of the research focus over time as needed. WELBIO Investigators must demonstrate a combination of scientific excellence, an awareness of unmet medical and technological needs in their field, and a willingness to seek opportunities for application of their discoveries.
- Opening of the call : 12 October 2021
- Deadline for PI’s electronic validation : 25 November 2021
- Projects Evaluation steps : December 2021 – March 2022
- Board of Trustees of FRFS : April 2022
- Start of the programme : 1st of June 2022
The FRFS-WELBIO 2021 call, applications can be received through 2 funding categories:
- Starting : enables to apply for funding of a maximum of € 200k per year
- Advanced : enables to apply for funding of a maximum of € 350k per year
The FRFS-WELBIO research programme spans a 4-year period. It is renewable every 4 years based on positive evaluation by the Scientific Commission. Each 4-year programme is divided in two 2-year funding periods. Reconduction after the first two years of funding is administrative.
Regulations and other useful documents can be found here :
Photo adapted from Patrick Fore on Unsplash